Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 6, 2008 Basel

Breakfast with Toshihuhiro Asai curator for a museum outside Tokyo, Art Tower Mito getting coffee for the panel discussion meet two New York gallerists one was Katie Rashid director at Jack Shainman Gallery. Lunch with an artist from Basel working at Unlimited building and a sales person for a New York gallery.  The restaurant worker thinks I’m Richard Branson. I sit down to listen to a panel discussion on the state of the art market. A girl joins me at the table who is involved with a website devoted to video art. About have way into it she leaves saying that she will be back. Other people ask if the seat is held for someone and I say yes.  About the third person to ask I notice that the girl had left her purse and a Basel V.I.P. bag. She has been gone like 45 minutes. My imagination takes hold. Why would a lady leave her purse with strangers for that long. What a perfect place for a bomb. At the most prestigious art event during a talk on the art market. I go over to the Swiss military women who control the door.  None of them understand English well enough to let them know my suspicion. So I go to the main entrance. The Swiss security lady there also didn’t understand what I was saying. I even make a boom sound as I’m saying the word bomb to no avail. She directs me to the information desk the girl there understands and calls someone to check it out.

Scope Art Fair

No comments: