Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 5, 2008 Basel

On my daily commute to Basel I get the idea to write on the back of a business card a note to Jay Jopling offering to give him the grand tour when he comes to Montana. I don’t want to get in his way of doing business. I figure that he wouldn’t even get the note if I give it to an employee. He doesn’t show up at his booth for a couple hours after the opening. I spot him near the booth eating a sandwich. I figure this would be a good time to give him the card. When I get to him I see that he has his blackberry/phone up to his ear. He seems to be using it as a decoy and isn’t talking or even listening to it. I set the card on the bench next to him and leave. Dessert at Basel with gallerist from Galerie Charles Bailly in Paris. Lunch with artist Martine Thoelen. Met a very kind couple from Zurich? While waiting for the tram. They help me find the Liste fair. They have come to the fair for most of the last 25 years >

No comments: